Recognizing our bias and its role in the decisions we make is an important first step towards authentic inclusion and true diversity.
In this session, Suchi discussed how people make decisions based on their implicit (or explicit) bias and tackle the impact that has on the following questions we should be asking:
- What is the current state of play?
- What really defines success in a role?
- What is unconscious bias and how much harm can it really do?
- Are we making these common mistakes in our organizations when hiring, developing and promoting?
- What can we do to make people decisions more objective and accurate and how can that increase diversity in the workplace?