Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and AA-ISP have partnered to bring the Inside Sales community research in 2021.
In the second installment, We surveyed C-suite-level business leaders at Fortune 500 companies. The key insight? Inside sales is an untapped resource at many organizations, but leading sales functions are capitalizing on this resource— particularly at tech companies with more flexible ways of operating.
Download the infograph above!
- Companies are starting to give inside sales a larger role and more autonomy
- The share of revenue attributable to the inside sales channel is expected to increase over the next three years, even as it decreases for field sales
- Inside sales teams are evolving beyond their traditional role. In addition to supporting the field sales force, they are gaining a stronger mandate to generate revenue independently. This is especially true of tech companies and those using a subscription-based business model.
- Rather than serving only small customers—as in the past—inside sales now plays a significant role in servicing
companies’ biggest and most important accounts.
- Most inside sales leaders believe that they could do more if they had the opportunity.