8 Sales Training Tips to Avoid Squandering Leads
So you have a lot of "leads" to fill your sales funnel, right? GREAT! You are now on first base. But how do you move to second base where you create an opportunity then finally round the bases to close the business and score the run? Sadly many leads are squandered due to bad salespeople. Don't believe me? Secret shop yourself. You will be surprised what you hear.
Marketing is only part of the story. What your sales team does with those leads separates the winners from the losers. That first conversation with a prospects is so critical. But how many organizations train their sales teams on what a lead is and how to more effectively convert that lead into a REAL opportunity and then a commitment to buy?
In this fast paced session Steve Richard explores the following sales training topics to help your sales team take your single and turn it into a run on the board:
1. Knowing how to do pre-call research in the context of lead qualification.
2. Understanding where the buyer is in their journey and how to change your selling approach accordingly.
3. Why active listening is not what you think it is.
4. How your product messaging is killing ROI from marketing campaigns and how to fix it.
5. Earning the right to ask questions.
6. What it means to get "shopped" and what you can do about it.
is Co-Founder of VorsightBP
, a sales training firm that brings science to prospecting and lead qualification. Steve has been featured in The Harvard Business Review, The Washington Business Journal, The Washington Post, CNN/Money, and CNBC. The American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP) has named VorsightBP the Sales Training Provider of the Year for 5 years, as elected by the members. Steve also has three kids under five and loves running, scuba diving, and skiing.